Call Create Order API method to create an order in the CoinGate system.
CoinGate checks if the order is valid.
2a. If the order is valid, CoinGate responds with 200 HTTP status and returns order data. After receiving 200 HTTP status, you should redirect the shopper to payment_url address.
2b. If the order is not valid, CoinGate returns 422 (or another) error HTTP status and an error message (see Errors).
When the shopper pays for the order, CoinGate sends Payment Callback/Payment Notification to your callback_url, which is defined when creating the order (see Create Order). CoinGate also sends Payment Callback when order status is changed to canceled, expired or to any other status (see Order Statuses). Please note that payment notifications are sent using POST method.
- If you wish to use Live environment, create an account and API credentials on https://coingate.com
- If you wish to use Sandbox environment, create an account and API credentials on https://sandbox.coingate.com
500 per hour per userid (contact support to increase)
Public API endpoints
200 per minute and 10,000 per hour per IP address
Private API endpoints
200 per minute and 1,000 per hour per API App (contact support to increase)
To review your API Requests, login to your CoinGate account, then go to API » Requests.
API Request attributes:
- Action - Which API method was queried.
- Response - HTTP status returned by CoinGate.
- Parameters - Parameters used to query the CoinGate API.
- Response - Parameters returned by CoinGate.
Payment Callback (Payment Notification) is a response which is sent after the order status changes (see Order Statuses). CoinGate sends the Payment Callback to merchant's callback_url, which is set during order creation (see Create Order).
To review your Payment Callbacks, login to your CoinGate account, then go to API » Payment Callbacks.
Payment Callback attributes:
- Response Status - HTTP status returned by merchant.
- Response Data - Data body returned by merchant.
- Callback Params - Parameters sent by CoinGate to merchant's callback_url.
In every POST method set Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded header.